head of portfolio recruitment
Salary - £40,000 to £50,000, flexible based on experience
Our client specialises in Accountancy & Finance recruitment, with an enviable reputation in the Yorkshire market. Their success is built on a consultative approach, providing clients with a range of solutions including the provision of Portfolio Finance Directors. Due to continued growth, they are looking to appoint an experienced recruiter who can take the lead on their Portfolio FD division, this is a very different approach to your typical recruitment role, and requires a consultative and solutions focused approach.
Typically, your clients will be SME’s looking to appoint a part-time FD to support them with their business strategy; you would build a close relationship with Business Owners, CEO’s & Managing Directors – entrepreneurs looking to take their business to the next level with the support of an experienced finance professional. Your role is to identify their business objectives, consult on a solution and identify a Portfolio FD who can fulfil their requirements.
- Strategic business development. Identifying clients who may benefit from the appointment of a Portfolio FD. This could include networking, building relationships with referral partners (such as Business Advisers, Banks, Financial Advisors).
- Working closely with your colleagues to identify potential clients and candidates
- Meeting clients to ascertain their requirements, providing a consultative and business partnering approach.
- Sourcing Finance Directors, in some instance explaining the concept of Portfolio work and identifying if this could be an appropriate career choice.
- Providing advice to Portfolio FD’s, including contract negotiation.
- Undertaking marketing activity to generate leads, ensuring each FD is working to full capacity.
This is a senior position and will report directly to the MD. You must demonstrate confident communication skills and a comprehensive understanding of business and the challenges SME’s face. The ability to persuade and influence senior leadership, selling solutions.
The rewards for hard-working and driven individuals are incredible. Some of the benefits my client offers include:
- Competitive base salary, realistically £40,000 - £50,000 (flexible dependent on experience)
- Generous commission structure
- Hybrid working model, their offices are amazing and close to the train station so you may want to work there every day, but you have the flexibility
- A professional working environment, you will be supported and guided; this is a not a KPI driven organisation
- Rewards culture with regular incentives
- Working with a collaborative and supportive team, a benefit which cannot be underestimated!
If you would like to hear more then all you need to do is contact Sarah at Linking Talent. Any conversation you have will be in the strictest confidence and will give you the opportunity to explore the opportunity in more detail and identify if it really fits with your career aspirations.